Ir al contenido principal

Welcome Back September!

About a year ago I wrote about September books: stories I like to read when school starts. I've just re-read it and nothing has changed. As it was posted on the other page, let me copy it here. Please write in comments and add more titles!



And just like that summer is over. September, back to work/school. I don't know how it is for you, but for me that´s the real ´new year´. I never make New Year's resolutions. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I do September's resolutions, or better said: plans. After all, since we were small, September was always the month of NEW BEGINNINGS. New schools, new classmates, new books, new notebooks. Oh, the smell of fresh print. I always loved it. As much as I might have felt unsure about getting back to school, I loved my new textbooks. I first smelled each of them carefully, then I was looking through them page by page. Then, if something caught my attention, I was going back to that page and reading it. And lists. I was making list of the things-to-learn. I still do that. And funnily enough I am ´back to school´. Well, not really school, and not as a pupil, but I teach, so all the process is back ;)



And that brings to my mind an interesting topic: books set in schools. I don´t mean the Young Adult, that is so popular now and almost all of it happens at school. I mean books of your childhood. Books you were reading when you were at school. Or classics. Why don´t you share your favorite titles with me? Is there any better month than September to read a good novel set in school?

My list is improvised, so I am more than sure you can add a lot to it! (the order is random)

- J. D. Salinger ¨The Catcher in the Rye¨
- J. K. Rowling all 7 books about Harry Potter (isn't that school fantastic? ;) )

- Frances Hodgson Burnett ¨A Little Princess¨
- John Green ¨Looking for Alaska¨
- Stephen King ¨Carrie¨
- Agatha Christie ¨Cat Among the Pigeons¨
- Donna Tart ¨The Secret History¨
- Koushun Takami ¨Battle Royale¨
- Lucy Maud Montgomery ¨Ann of Green Gables Collection¨

Please comment and add more titles to this list! What is your favorite fictional school? 


Comentarios